Proper CBD Dosing
It does not matter if you are an experienced CBD user or using it for the first time, it is essential that you understand how CBD works and, more importantly, the correct CBD dosage. Since the CBD industry is relatively new and not heavily regulated, figuring out the correct CBD dosage to take every day can be a bit challenging to determine. When it comes to calculating the correct CBD dosage, there is not a traditional one-size-fits-all approach. This is part because, unlike other supplements, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not created a Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) amount for CBD. Instead, your trusted CBD vendor can work with you to narrow down the correct CBD dosage, by considering a host of factors related to your intended use, medical needs, and severity of symptoms. At Highline Wellness we are committed to having an open line of communication with our consumers and finding them the correct CBD dosage.
If you are new to CBD, and you are looking for your correct CBD dosage, you want to be sure to seek a professional’s assistance, whether that is a physician or the manufacturer of the cannabinoid product. You may even hear advice from friends and other users such as “take one dropper of CBD everyday”. However, this size dosage may work for some, but will not definitely be a catchall dose that will the correct CBD dosage for everyone. Each bottle of oil contains different potencies of CBD, which means one dropper of 500mg has way more CBD than one dropper of 250mg of CBD. Always make sure to check the label for the mg potency in order to choose the correct CBD dosage amount.
What factors should be considered when determining the right dose for me?
There are four key factors to consider before settling on the correct CBD dosage to take daily. This includes:
- The purity and/or concentration of CBD. The more concentrated the CBD product, the smaller the dosage that will be needed. You can ask your CBD provider for their third-party test results to have a clear understanding of the purity and concentration levels of the CBD you have purchased before you begin to use it. If the vendor cannot provide third-party test results, then that should be a major red flag and you should avoid purchasing or using that particular CBD product.
- Your body weight. As with alcohol, how it affects people will depend on their weight and their ability to handle specific dosage. The larger you are, the more CBD you may need to find the correct CBD dosage.
- Your unique chemical profile or makeup. Do you usually have an adverse reaction to medications or other natural remedies? In general, if you find that you need high doses of prescribed medications before you can feel them working, then this may also hold true for your CBD dosage. The key is to start with a small dosage and slowly, over time, increase the dosage, if needed. Of course, if you find that your body responds negatively to CBD, you can either reduce the size of your dose or discontinue use altogether. The key is to be aware of your body and notice any changes that may signal an allergic reaction.
- The severity of the condition being treated. If you are looking to relax after work, then your CBD dosage will be minimal, in comparison to someone who is using CBD for something more serious. Whatever the reason (medical or otherwise), it is important to discuss this with your physician and/or the CBD vendor to better understand how your dosage level may help you manage the symptoms to achieve your desired result.
How we do dosing at Highline Wellness
We understand your frustration with trying to find the right dose for you. We’re well aware that every website or store you go to, will likely tell you something different in terms of the correct CBD dosage. And, believe it or not, there is a reason for the dose confusion. The law actually prohibits CBD vendors from explicitly telling consumers how much CBD to take, therefore making it challenging to find the correct CBD dosage that works best for you.
At Highline Wellness, we highly recommend that you reach out to us directly. We will ask you a few questions to better understand your CBD needs and help guide you toward the dose that should work for you. As a very general recommendation, we tell most of Highline Wellness customers to begin with 10mg and if you do not get the desired effects, consider increasing the dose by 10mg to 20mg, and continue to increase from there in small 10mg increments, as needed, until you find the correct CBD dosage.
Highline Wellness CBD chews are 10mg each, this is a great introductory start for a micro-dose, but some will find they need to increase to 2 chews to find the correct CBD dosage. We recommend keeping the chews in your bag or at your desk for a midday relief from stress, anxiety, and inflammation. Look for us to add more potencies to our chews over time, please don't hesitate to let us know what you’d like to see. Right now, we offer 500mg oil, and each half dropper is 8mg. We recommend starting with one half dropper, and if you don’t find the desired relief, take two half droppers, and so on until you find the correct CBD dosage that works for you. Some people may find that up to 50mg is the correct CBD dosage. We are working to release more oil potencies. As we increase our Highline Wellness product line you will have more options, so that you can choose the oil that provides you personally, with the best CBD dosage.
If you're new to CBD, specifically Highline Wellness CBD Drops, we can help you breakdown how much you’re taking in each dropper. Our dropper holds 1ml of liquid. If you know how many milliliters are in a CBD tincture, you can use this simple formula to determine how much CBD is in its dropper: [Total CBD in Bottle] / [Number of Milliliters in Bottle] = MGs of CBD in a dropper. For example, let’s say you have 30ml CBD tincture that has 500mg of CBD: 500 / 30 = 16.66mg of CBD per dropper. We make it easy to take your proper dosing by having 1ml graduated dropper that give you marking for 0.25ml, 0.50ml, 0.75ml and 1ml.
- 250mg CBD Drops - the breakdown for the graduated dropper is 0.25ml dropper is about 2mg CBD, 0.50ml dropper is about 4mg CBD, 0.75ml dropper is about 6mg CBD, 1ml full dropper is about 8mg of CBD.
- 500mg CBD Drops - the breakdown for the graduated dropper is 0.25ml dropper is about 4mg CBD, 0.50ml dropper is about 8mg CBD, 0.75ml dropper is about 12mg CBD, 1ml full dropper is about 16mg of CBD.
- 750mg CBD Drops - the breakdown for the graduated dropper is 0.25ml dropper is about 6.25mg CBD, 0.50ml dropper is about 12.5mg CBD, 0.75ml dropper is about 18.75mg CBD, 1ml full dropper is about 25mg of CBD.
While searching for your perfect dose, we suggest taking notes. Your iPhone notepad makes monitoring your symptoms, pain, and daily dose of cannabinoids easy. Over time, you’ll be able to look back and see what doses made you feel you best. You can then customize your daily routine based on your body’s response.
If you have any questions regarding dosing or the composition of our CBD products, please feel free to shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us on Instagram @highlinewellness.
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram @highlinewellness, on Facebook @highlinewellness. We would love to heard about your Highline Wellness experience!