Frequently Asked Questions
Your Q's, our A's | How Can We Help?
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is CBD?
CBD, cannabidiol, is one of over 100 compounds from the cannabis plant and is most often derived from hemp. Despite the negative connotation or “high” imagery that comes to mind when you hear cannabis, CBD does not alter your behavior in any way. The intoxicating feeling from smoking or ingesting Cannabis is due to another chemical compound in the plant called tetrahydrocannabinol or THC. Why is CBD important? The human body has a vast network of receptors, the endocannabinoid system, which plays a key role in keeping everything in your body balanced and running smoothly.
How does CBD work?
CBD interacts with something called the endocannabinoid system. Never heard of it? Turns out that it’s vitally important to your health. The endocannabinoid system plays an important role in maintaining your internal balance. Things like your mood, immune system, sleep cycle, metabolism, and cardiovascular system are all affected by your endocannabinoid system. CBD can be used as an all-natural way to promote a calm sense of well being. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce pain and discomfort.
How will CBD make me feel?
The effects of CBD are real, yet subtle. It can make some people feel pleasantly calm and refreshed, like they've just gotten a massage or taken a yoga class. Many people use CBD to relieve feelings of stress, or to help them get a better night’s sleep. You’ll likely notice CBD kicking in 30–60 minutes after you take it.
After using CBD consistently for 30 days, you’ll likely notice a subtle difference in how you feel. You might feel less anxious or less stressed, or you might feel an alleviation of some muscle and joint tension. It can be helpful to keep a log of how you feel so that you can see how it improves over time! If you’re a first-time CBD user, check out our guide for newcomers!
What is the Endocannabinoid System?
The Endocannabinoid System is considered the master regulatory system of the body. It helps us maintain balance in our bodies by communicating with other biological systems and helping other systems in the body stay healthy. Read our blog post on CBD basics for more information.
What are some suggested uses for your products?
- CBD Oil — Can be added to coffee, tea, or any beverage of your choice. If you have never taken it before, we suggest starting by taking it before bed for a good night's rest, or in the morning for a more relaxed and focused day. For dosing, we recommend starting low and increasing dosing slow.
- CBD Gummies — To start, we recommend starting low and increasing dosing slow. Each CBD Gummie contains 10mg of our broad-spectrum cannabinoid hemp extract. Start with 1-2 CBD Gummies in the morning for daily balance or 30 minutes before bed for a more restful night’s sleep.
- CBD Body Cream — Helps soothe, release and restore tired muscles and joints with our freshly scented, lightly cooling, non-greasy formula. A high concentration of broad-spectrum CBD relieves inflammation following exercise or everyday stressors on the body. Apply generously to skin and massage until fully absorbed. Repeat every 4-6 hours as needed.
- CBD Bath Bomb — Our Premium CBD Bath Bomb helps soothe, release and restore skin with our freshly scented, high-quality ingredients, and Hemp-derived cannabidiol. A high concentration of CBD may help relieve stress and tension while providing soothing comfort anywhere your body needs it. Packed with rich essential oils, botanicals, and minerals to reduce inflammation, help the body relax, all while hydrating and nourishing your skin.
- CBD Relief Roller — Providing direct relief for your specific pain points, our CBD oil roll-on targets areas of pressure and pain to give you relief while on the go. Paired with essential oils including lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus and lemon, our formulation gives you the benefits of CBD and the calming essences of these quality oils. This CBD oil roll on is perfect for headaches! When you feel one coming on, apply to your forehead for an immediate zen and a pinch of cooling sensation. Our roller is also great for other pressure points, like the wrist and temples!
- CBD Fitness Cream — Soothing aloe vera and moisturizing lanolin oil do double duty for your skin, while hemp-derived CBD gives relief to muscle pain throughout the day. Light cooling menthol will soothe your tired body! Rub onto sore muscles at the end of a long day or after a hard workout.
- CBD Lip Balm — Apply throughout the day to soothe, moisturize, and protect your lips. Peppermint, eucalyptus, and lavender essential oils soothe and protect your lips, while coconut butter and Vitamin E keep your lips hydrated.
- CBD Dog Treats — Whether you’re relaxing on the couch after a long day or traveling on your next adventure, CBD Dog Treats is a comforting treat for your best friend. Our CBD Dog Treats are hand-crafted and made with nutrient-packed organic bananas, apple sauce, peanut butter, and eggs. Each treat contains 5mg of organic hemp-derived cannabidiol formulated for active dogs.
What’s the difference between CBD and THC?
Two acronyms you've probably heard before, CBD and THC. Simply put, both cannabinoids are found in the Cannabis plant, THC gets you high, CBD doesn't. THC has intoxicating effects that alter your behavior. Hemp-derived CBD is the non-intoxicating form of cannabis.
Will CBD get me high?
People are commonly confused about where CBD comes from and more importantly, what it is. CBD stands for cannabidiol. It is one of over 100 compounds from the cannabis plant and is most often derived from hemp. Despite the negative connotation or "high" imagery that comes to mind when you hear cannabis, CBD does not alter your behavior in any way. The intoxicating feeling from smoking or ingesting Cannabis is due to another compound in the plant called tetrahydrocannabinol or THC.
What's the difference between Broad Spectrum and Full Spectrum?
Broad-spectrum CBD is a bit of a mix between Full Spectrum CBD and CBD Isolate. Like Full Spectrum CBD, the other compounds found within the plant are preserved in the extract; however, like CBD Isolate, THC is completed removed. Because Broad Spectrum CBD contains multiple cannabinoids, it can deliver the enhanced benefits of the "entourage effect," without the risk of psychoactive effects of THC.
Is CBD Legal?
Our hemp-derived oils are legal in 47 states and follow the strict guidelines as set forth under the 2018 United States Farm Bill. We test all of our products to ensure they contain zero THC content, so you will always get the best health benefits without ever worrying about failing a drug test. Update: The Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018 was signed into law, which will legalize hemp in all 50 states.
We currently do not ship our products to Nebraska, Idaho, or South Dakota.
Can I fly with CBD?
As long as it is hemp-derived, you can generally safely fly with CBD according to TSA, although they have no official stance. Always be sure to check and see if CBD is legal in the state you are flying to — that will often determine if you can fly with it. If you’re concerned about flying with any form of CBD, you can bring an ingredient list of your product to prove it is hemp-derived, or ship your favorite CBD product to your end destination. Read more on flying with CBD.
Are your products lab tested?
We don't simply say we sell the best CBD — we prove it to you with our comprehensive third-party testing. We follow strict potency guidelines and invest in manufacturing processes that will yield the purest CBD while always meeting legal requirements. We post our testing results on our website, so you will know what our products contain — without any guessing.
Why does 3rd party testing results matter?
The testing results help you verify the quality and ingredients of what you are purchasing. More specifically, because of the legal requirements, you want to be able to personally check for the level of THC and the purity before you purchase or ingest any CBD.
At Highline Wellness, we have our lab results available on our website for our customers viewing. We take pride in our high-quality processes and ensure that our ingredients are the best and meet all state legal guidelines. That means when you purchase from us, you can rest assured that you are getting the best products with all of the health benefits CBD has to offer.
What do you test for in your products?
We test for purity, potency, and pollutants. That means we test for the potency of the cannabinoids to ensure maximum effectiveness, and we also test for the not-so-good stuff like heavy metals and pesticides.
What is the proper dosing?
Every body system is different, and there’s no standard use that works for everyone. Because efficacy is individualized, a higher amount doesn’t always equate to a better result. We recommend starting low and going slow. Dedicate time to listen to your body and assess how the active compounds of the plant are affecting you, in small and big ways. Instead of focusing on what you feel, you might want to think about what you don’t feel (goodbye stress and worry!)
Our dosing guide will help you determine what the best dosage is for you and your needs. But as a general guideline, we recommend this dosage based on your pain or stress levels:
- None–mild = 1mg per 10 lbs
- Medium = 1.5mg per 10lbs
- Strong = 2mg per 10lbs
Can I mix your products with other dietary supplements and/or prescriptions?
We recommend consulting your healthcare provider before mixing CBD with any supplements and/or prescription drugs.
I'm having trouble opening my CBD Oil bottle. What should I do?
Our bottles can be opened in two simple steps:
- Squeeze on the side of the dropper
- Twist and pull up on the cap simultaneously
How should I store my CBD?
For best shelf life, please store products in a cool, dark place, and don't leave in direct sunlight or near heat. This ensures that our formula doesn't lose any potency!
Do your products expire?
The average shelf life is 2 years, but for optimal freshness, we recommend using within the first 6–12 months of purchase. All Highline Wellness products come with an expiration date printed on the container, so you always know when to use it by.
Where do you grow your hemp?
We source our hemp-derived CBD oil from Chowchilla, California. The hemp is Certified USDA Organic, and is single-sourced with absolutely zero pesticides, chemicals, or metals. From there, the hemp travels to our extraction laboratory in Florida, where we use an all-natural CO2 extraction process to remove trace amounts of THC and then turn it into the final CBD product! Our extraction facility is Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certified, which means they are committed to following all regulations of the FDA and are in compliance with FDA manufacturing standards.
Are your products vegan?
Our CBD Oil and CBD Body Cream is 100% vegan. Unfortunately, our CBD Gummies are not vegan. All information for each product, including whether it’s vegan or gluten free, can be found on the product page.
What shipping rates do you offer?
- Free standard shipping on all orders over $35 within the continental US.
- Free two-day shipping on all orders over $75.
- All orders placed after 11am EST will start to process the FOLLOWING business day.
- We are currently unable to ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Nebraska, Idaho, South Dakota or International (with the exception of the UK, Mexico & Australia).
- If you live in the UK, Mexico, or Australia, please head over to our partner site, Direct CBD Online.
Returns & Refunds
We want you to feel confident with your CBD purchase and want to provide you with the highest quality customer service. Please check your shipment carefully upon arrival to ensure that it has not been damaged during shipment. Claims for damaged products must be made within 72 hours of receiving the product to email@example.com. We encourage you to provide details of the damage, including photo proof of damage within that time-frame.
If you are not satisfied with our products, you may request a refund of the full purchase price within 30 days of the delivery date. The customer is responsible for return shipping and proof of purchase. Please submit your request for a Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No returns can be accepted for a refund without an RMA.
Can I combine Promotion Codes?
Our system only accepts one promo code at a time. The highest promo code wins!
Can I use a Promotion Code on subscription orders?
We do not accept promo codes for subscriptions, since they are already discounted 20% on your first order and every order after that.
Can I use a Promotion Code on kits?
Kits do not qualify for promo codes.
Can I subscribe to receive your products every month?
Yes, we offer subscription programs for most of our products! Read more on our subscription service.
What do I do if I want to carry your products in my store?
We’re so happy that you’re interested in carrying our products! We made it easy to sell premium CBD products at your business.
Visit our wholesale page for more information on how to become a wholesale partner!
How do I become a brand ambassador or influencer?
We've love for you to be part of the team! As an affiliate, you’ll make 10% of sales that come from you. Fill out our affiliate application, and we’ll get back to you! If you have any questions, email us email@example.com.
Want to know which Highline Wellness product is best for you?
We created a short quiz to help you determine which product is best for your needs and wants. After answering a few questions, you’ll get a product recommendation just for you!